From January 14th – 17th, hundreds of developers, capital providers, housing agency membersand other professionals in the affordable housing industry met in Washington DC for the NCSHA Housing Finance Agency Conference. The conference featured speeches and panel discussions from the industry’s leading experts.
The Top 5 Latest Trends
and other pertinent issues discussed at the conference included the following:
- It is unlikely that tax reform, in any of its manifestations, will occur in 2014.
- LIHTC allocation policies across the nation in 2014–state allocators continue to grapple with cost containment.
- The latest on the tax credit equity market including pricing, deal terms, recently approved accounting changes and hope of widening the investor base. The market continues to perform well with deals across most MSAs.
- CRA and low yielding alternative investments are driving the tax credit investment market.
- Innovative strategies for preserving affordable housing–incl. making use of the mix of state and local funds and working with mission-oriented capital sources to obtain debt and equity
To learn more about the latest trends in the affordable housing industry contact Steve Spall (email@example.com) and Allen Feliz (firstname.lastname@example.org) — (617) 542-1200.